We had another fabulously fun time at the Improbable Lounge on Thursday (6 March) – make sure you join us on Thursday 13 March for more musical improv & cabaret delights. We will be having our very first burlesque act – with a comedy twist. That's the talented Ursula Dares. And musical comedy ukulele action from Improbable Lounge favourite Marc Steele.
Plus the usual (but still all made up on the spot taking your suggestions) improvised cabaret tunes from your hosts, us – Red Lorry Yellow Lorry musical improv.
In the meanwhile, here's a few of the things we learnt at Improbable Lounge 6 March
1. The crumpet of truth can save the day – taught to us by improvised puppet show Glitch
2. A dead cat in the bed can ruin the promising career of a pop star – taught to us by improvised comedy lounge act Phil Lunn (in the guise of Steve Jones, comeback star)
3. Being German is an occupation (or at least that's what the audience member thought when they shouted out 'Germans' when we asked for an occupation…
4. Gardeners need charity singles to raise money to help them build walls…
5. John-kus are like haikus but come from Stockwell