We had another fabulously fun time at the Improbable Lounge on Thursday (6 March) – make sure you join us on Thursday 13 March for more musical improv & cabaret delights. We will be having our very first burlesque act – with a comedy twist. That's the talented Ursula Dares. And musical comedy ukulele action from Improbable Lounge favourite Marc Steele.
Plus the usual (but still all made up on the spot taking your suggestions) improvised cabaret tunes from your hosts, us – Red Lorry Yellow Lorry musical improv.
In the meanwhile, here's a few of the things we learnt at Improbable Lounge 6 March
1. The crumpet of truth can save the day – taught to us by improvised puppet show Glitch
2. A dead cat in the bed can ruin the promising career of a pop star – taught to us by improvised comedy lounge act Phil Lunn (in the guise of Steve Jones, comeback star)
3. Being German is an occupation (or at least that's what the audience member thought when they shouted out 'Germans' when we asked for an occupation…
4. Gardeners need charity singles to raise money to help them build walls…
5. John-kus are like haikus but come from Stockwell
This week we have the amazing Glitch – the improvised puppet show. Plus improvised lounge act Phil Lunn.
It's all held together with magical musical cabaret tunes made up on the spot, from your suggestions by Red Lorry Yellow Lorry musical improv. That's us, your hosts!
We start at 8pm as usual, and the Priory Arms will be its usual cosy self, stacked with posh beer and other liquids (I'm a white wine girl myself), and even does great and reasonably priced bar food..
Please come! Look – here's a visual rendition of what you'll see. And it's free free free too – gotta be good, right? 🙂
Our weekly residential at the Priory Arms, Stockwell started its 2014 run with a cracker of a night. We saw a a smorgasbord of cabaret comedy delights take to the stage, complete with bizarre conspiracy theorist magicians and a 60 second rendition of the charge of the light brigade.
And of course it was bound together by the wonderful glue that is us – your loyal and feather boa'd friends…Red Lorry Yellow Lorry musical improv. Thanks to our great acts:
Non de Script
Anne & Frank
Come and join us again on Thursday 23 January, where you'll be wooed by musical comedy and cabaret delights, including:
- Glitch improvised puppetry
- Emily Snee, musical comedy
Every Thursday in 2014 – our residential Improbable Lounge, at the Priory Arms, Lansdowne Way, Stockwell, London – 8pm start. Free!
A delicious night of musical comedy, improv & cabaret.
Intimate tables, posh beer, lovely food – and free entry! Thursday nights just got a whole lot better!